Prework - Ops 301: Networking and Systems Administration
This is the mandatory prework for Ops 301. When this course nears its start date, you will be invited to our online class portal, called Canvas, where you can confirm that you’ve completed this prework and claim credit.
Start on the prework as soon as you can and be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to complete it.
Note: All prework is due before start of first class
Ops Lab Kit
If you are testing in, and don’t yet have an Ops Lab Kit, ensure you get one delivered in time for the start of class.
- Obtain and unbox your lab kit from Code Fellows.
- Ensure all items are present.
- Test computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
- If you haven’t installed an operating system yet, the computer should display a short startup sequence that will result in a boot failure error. This is expected, until an OS is installed.
- Install the latest Ubuntu Linux OS.
- Configure your machine as a VM host and cyber range, where you can run your Ops 301 lab assignments. Follow our guide, starting at Part 1, and then proceeding to Part 2.
Complete Prework Assignments