Schedule CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam
The curriculum of Ops 301 is aligned to the learning objectives of the CompTIA Network+ certification. Earning this certification demonstrates foundational knowledge of computer operations and support. For this prework assignment, you’ll purchase a voucher and schedule your CompTIA Network+ exam to be taken at the end of the course.
If your funding source doesn’t support 3rd-party certifications, discuss an alternative with your instructor.
- Purchase a voucher for CompTIA Network+
- Purchase the Sybex CompTIA Network+ Study Guide
- Schedule your CompTIA Network+ exam for a date prior to demo day
- First you’ll need to access the CompTIA Store and access the “Certification Vouchers” section. Check with your instructor if your school qualifies for the CompTIA Academic Partner program, which offers a discount to voucher prices.
- Purchase a CompTIA Network+ Voucher. It will email you a voucher code that you’ll need to use on the Pearson Vue testing site next. Once you have received the voucher code, you’re ready to proceed to the next step.
- You’ll need a study guide to use as a reference during your studies leading up the certification exam. Purchase an ebook or hardcopy of Sybex CompTIA Network+ Study Guide.
- Access the Pearson Vue test scheduling website. Note that this site is for CompTIA testing specifically. If you have never scheduled a CompTIA exam through Pearson Vue, you’ll need to create an account first.
- Sign in and schedule the CompTIA Network+ with either a testing center or virtually from home. Ensure that you schedule your exam for a date prior to the final day of class, which is project demo day.
- Once you have scheduled your exam, take a screenshot of your exam appointment date and time. Paste this into your Google Doc. Explain how you will use the study guide to prepare you for the exam.
At the end of this course, you will submit your final score on the Network+ exam and it will be weighted towards your course grade.
- Create a new blank Google Doc. Include above assignment submission text and images within this Google Doc.
- Name the document according to your course code and assignment.
seattle-ops-301d1: Reading 01 or
seattle-ops-301d1: Lab 04.
- Add your name & date at the top of the Google Doc.
- Share your Google Doc so that “Anyone with the link can view”.
- Paste the link to your Google Doc in the discussion field below and share an observation from your experience in this lab including how long this lab took to complete.