Below are the machine requirements for the class. Please read through them and confirm your machine is ready for day 1 of class.
- A Windows 10 64 bit OS is required. If you are on a Mac, you will need to either dual boot or use a Virtual Machine to run windows to complete the assignments in this class.
- Mac Users - It is recommended that you allocate approx. 80 GBs of hard-drive space, and as much RAM as you can spare (4GB min). This should cover the Windows 10 OS, Visual Studio Community(with workloads), Databases, and assignments.
- Make sure you have the Fall Creator’s Update installed.
- The Fall Creator’s Update includes the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- Setup your Visual Studio Community Version and install .NET Core SDK
- Install Slack & Git
- Need a refresher on git?
We do not spend any time in class or lab time setting up personal machines, If you require assistance to set up you machine, schedule a time before the start of class with your instructor.
To submit this assignment, please run the following commands in your powershell terminal to confirm your .NET core SDK install
dotnet --version. Record in Canvas the version that comes up. Confirm that it is at least 3.0.